Anyone who has had a cavity filled in the last 150 years likely has an amalgam filling. Unfortunately, silver amalgam fillings contain Mercury, the second most toxic substance on earth. It is also one of the top 10 groups of chemicals considered a major health concern for the public according to the WHO (World Health Organization). The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) has begun an international 10-year program to clean Mercury from the environment. Public awareness is gaining ground regarding the increase in serious health concerns such as Alzheimer’s, Autism, neurological problems, autoimmune conditions, loss of memory, depression, Cancer, Bell’s Palsy, and ringing in the ears. These organizations are relating these conditions to metal toxicity and the relationship with the teeth and the meridians in the body.
Amalgam fillings can cause exposure to Mercury levels that the body can absorb into the lungs, bloodstream, tissues, and liver.
The costly and serious health problems that can be caused by exposure to Mercury include:
- Neurological disorders can result in physical conditions such as muscle spasms, seizures, and Multiple Sclerosis (MS), in addition to emotional problems including mental disorders, irritability, and depression.
- Cardiovascular conditions such as pounding or altered heartbeat and chest pain.
- A weakened immune system, which can make it easier to become sick and more difficult to recover.
- Collagen diseases can cause Scleroderma, joint pain, Arthritis, Bursitis, and Lupus.
Those who are concerned about the impact amalgam fillings can have on their overall health can turn to our practice. Dr. Cintron can safely remove the amalgam fillings; she is accredited with the IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology) and the IBDM (International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine). We provide extensive knowledge, skill, experience, and gentle care to safely remove amalgam fillings and replace them with safe, Mercury free, biocompatible tooth colored fillings. Your overall health, care, and safety are Dr. Cintron’s top priorities. The doctor follows a precise, synergistic protocol with Dr. Hal Huggins and the IAOMT.
These rigorous protocols include:
- Isolating the teeth with a non-latex rubber dam and liquid dam isolation to reduce the Mercury vapor that could permeate the patient’s tissues and oral cavity.
- Using oxygen masks throughout the entire procedure to ensure the air remains pure and prevent the possibility of Mercury vapor inhalation.
- Cutting the amalgam filling into large pieces to reduce the friction and heat from drilling, which minimizes the amount of vapor that is released.
- Keeping the amalgam at cool temperature during and after its removal.
- The use of a high-volume, powerful evacuation suction system to remove any Mercury particles or vapor during the procedure.
The doctor cares deeply about each patient and wants to provide the health benefits of Mercury free dentistry. Dr. Cintron has been awarded the Certificate of Accreditation by the IAOMT and she is highly qualified to remove metal fillings safely and effectively. Removing amalgam fillings can have a tremendous effect on patients’ overall health; you can rest assured that restorations placed within our practice do not contain metals or Mercury Amalgam fillings.
If you are seeking Mercury-free fillings or amalgam filling removal, you can visit our office and schedule your appointment. If you have any questions about Mercury free fillings or amalgam filling removal, call (855) 381-6001. We are always happy to help. We look forward to meeting you and guiding you towards better health.