Biological dental care, what sets this type of dentistry apart?
Health-conscious individuals often take great care to eat a nutritious diet and get regular exercise to keep their bodies healthy. Moreover, in recent years, many have become interested in taking their health a step further by working with a biological dentist. If you live in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area and have been looking for a dentist who provides biological dental care, you have come to the right place! At Go Natural Dentistry, Dr. Yolanda Cintron is a holistic dentist that provides care tailored to your overall health needs and preferences, rather than just treating one tooth problem at a time.
Your partners in oral health and wellness
Biological dentistry is a new concept to many patients, and we are always happy to explain what it means and how it sets our dental practice apart from traditional dentists. As a biological dentist, Dr. Yolanda Cintron provides dental care that acknowledges your oral health’s critical role in maintaining your overall health and well-being. Sometimes called the “mouth-body connection,” this concept has far-reaching implications for how we safely and effectively treat oral health problems. Some examples of the holistic principles we use in our dental practice include:
- Avoiding the use of toxic materials, including metal amalgam, which can have negative health effects that go beyond the mouth
- Working closely with patients to treat issues such as gum disease that have been linked to serious health problems, such as diabetes, heart disease, and strokes
- Offering natural treatment options that reduce pain while accelerating healing and regeneration, such as plasma rich growth factors and laser dentistry
- Using biocompatible dental restorations, such as composite fillings and porcelain crowns, that work in harmony with your body rather than detracting from its health
- Getting to know you as a person, your treatment preferences, and your medical history to ensure that we are providing dental care that is tailored to your unique needs
- Using a conservative approach that minimizes the amount of healthy tooth structure in your mouth that is removed during restorative treatments
- Focusing on preventive care as the cornerstone of our practice: While we love spending time with our patients, we would much rather see you twice per year for your preventive cleanings and checkups than for longer, more costly appointments to treat dental problems!
If you are ready to experience the biological dentistry difference for yourself, call Go Natural Dentistry in Fort Lauderdale, FL today at (855) 381-6001.