The many ways lasers are revolutionizing dentistry
In Fort Lauderdale, Florida, dentists are always looking for the newest and most cutting-edge methods in dentistry. At Go Natural Dentistry, Dr. Yolanda Cintron and her team are accomplishing this through laser dentistry techniques. Dr. Cintron provides laser dentistry services to patients because of the many benefits to both the dental team and the patient.
Laser dentistry is not anything new, but it is being adopted by more dentists today than at any other point in history. Laser dentistry became known as an established and acceptable form of dentistry as early as the 1990s. It has since evolved and been enhanced as the years progressed. It can now handle multiple dental issues while providing many benefits that traditional dentistry cannot match.
Forms of Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry comes in two different forms, both of which are safe and effective. Laser dentistry is categorized as either soft tissue or hard tissue. Let us look at both.
- Hard Tissue Laser: This type of laser is incredibly effective at precisely cutting through your tooth’s enamel. Because of this, hard lasers are an excellent option for removing tooth and bone with an incredible level of accuracy. They can shape teeth that need to be prepared for a dental crown, shave down uneven teeth so that old fillings can be repaired, and more! Some other applications of hard tissue lasers include:
- The detection and removal of cavities
- Preparing teeth for fillings or crowns
- Sealing the tooth’s root to treat sensitivity
- Tooth whitening
- Soft Tissue Laser: Soft tissue lasers are utilized when working with the soft tissue in your mouth, including your gums. They can safely and effectively remove damaged tissues from your mouth which have been impacted by advanced periodontal disease. Because of the precise nature of laser dentistry, all remaining healthy tissue can remain intact. Soft tissue lasers can also be used when working on nerves and blood vessels. Other applications of soft tissue lasers include:
a) Soft tissue defect repair
b) Cold sore treatment
c) Gummy smile reshaping
d) Benign tumor removal
If you are interested in learning more about laser dentistry, Dr. Yolanda Cintron and the team at Go Natural Dentistry are here to assist you. To schedule an appointment today, please call (855) 381-6001.